Mike McGann on Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:07:50 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: B-Chess

On Jan 18, 2008 1:35 PM, Roger Hicks <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I submit the following proposal:
>
> B-Chess
> {
> Create the following Field Match:

This will create a field match, but the current match has to finish
before this can be used, correct?

> All Invokable actions of Field Objects in this Field Match may only be
> invoked by that Field Object's owner. Only one invokable action per
> Field Object may be invoked each Turn
> of the Field.

I'm confused on the timing of this. If I perform an action, the
Referee is obligated to turn the field. After it is turned, I can
perform another action right away? Does each action invoke a turn of
the field? If 5 people request to invoke an action, is that done in
one turn of the field when the referee gets around to processing it or
is it done in five turns? Is it in the best interest of the referee to
wait as long as possible, within a Jiffy, to slow down the action?

> Invokable Action: Purchase
>  Trigger: A Game Action by any player who possesses a King object on
> the Field that spends X macks, where X is ten times the number of
> times this player has previously invoked
> this action since the Field was last turned

I'd prefer something besides macks since that isn't an entity
controlled by the field match.

>  Effect: A new Field Object is created at random based upon the
> following weighted table and is placed in a random unoccupied square
> adjacent to that Player's King:
>    Field Object   Weight
>    ---------------------
>    Pawn               10
>    Rook                3
>    Knight              3
>    Bishop              3
>    Queen               1

If all squares are occupied, then what?

> Action: Checkmate
>  Trigger: Only one King remains on the Field
>  Effect: The player whose King remains is the winner of the Field
> Match. The Current Field Match ends.

Could there be a stalemate? We would need an ending condition for that
if possible.

> Field Object: Pawn
>  Invokable Action: Move
>   Trigger: A Game Action by the owner specifying an adjacent space in
> a cardinal direction
>   Effect: If the specified space is unoccupied the Pawn moves to the
> specified space
>  Invokable Action: Capture
>   Trigger: A Game Action by the owner specifying an adjacent space in
> a diagonal direction
>   Effect: If the specified space is occupied the Field Object
> occupying that space is destroyed and the Pawn moves to that space

Making sure: Pawns can move like rooks limited to one space, and can
only capture like bishops limited to one space?

- Hose