Aaron Coquet on Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:57:34 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Fire sale!

Is there anywhere in the rules that says something to the effect of, "When a
player quits the game, they are no longer a COO, DOO or other type of
Something-Owning object"?
--
Aaron C

On Jan 10, 2008 3:34 PM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2008 6:29 PM, Justin Ahmann <quesmarktion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Why ain't I stabbed nobody?  I bought a Rapier from nobody (who received
> > it after pikhq ceased to be a DOO), and have since used it to Stab comex
> and
> > 0x44.
>

> I'm pretty sure the owner of pikhq's old rapier was never "nobody". When
> pikhq left, the owner became "no one". You did that all wrong.
>
> But in all seriousness it's not defined in the rules who owns (if anyone)
> the rapier after its owner quits. So you can't really claim that nobody
> owns
> it. Plus, speaking about nobody and speaking about a player named nobody
> are
> two different things. While it doesn't apply directly here, I'm saying
> this
> in the same spirit as whichever rule says that no text in the rules shall
> be
> interpreted as a player's name unless it explicitly says it's that
> player's
> name.
>
> Billy Pilgrim

Aaron C
"H. P. Lovecraft is Rock and Roll" -- Neil Gaiman
Don't Panic!