Roger Hicks on Mon, 31 Dec 2007 12:15:37 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Usurpation

On Dec 31, 2007 12:08 PM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2007 2:02 PM, Roger Hicks <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Possible, but it should be a rare occurrence. It will cost 50 points
> > to usurp a ministry unless it has been held for a while....that's no
> > small amount.
> >

> If the retainer gets low, it becomes quite easy and there is absolutely no
> incentive for a Minister to up that amount. Why would I spend points to up
> the retainer for the privilege of doing paperwork?

This was intentional so we would get some turnover in the ministries.
At present, if no one takes action by spending points, all ministries
will auto-vacate every 5 nweeks. Recall that up until now they were
auto-vacating every nweek.

> When it is high, it is too difficult to usurp when needed. Let's say that
> the Gamble Votes proposal passes this nweek and I no longer want to do the
> paperwork required for the MoC. I could be a nice guy and vacate the
> ministry, but I could also be a PITA, declare that I'm not going to do the
> work, and force someone to spend 40 points to usurp me.

A minister who fails to perform their obligated duties within a jiffy
is auto-vacated from their ministry. No need for anyone to spend
points.

BobTHJ