Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:20:47 +0100 (CET)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Joining Agora

There seems to be some argument as to whether B Nomic qualifies as a
partnership under Agora's rules in any case.

2-8 (which, contrary to your assertion, which was obviously made just
to start a gratuitous argument, is the rule that actually governs
objecting) is annoying.   On the other hand, I can sort of see the
value in giving people more time to object when the Clock is Off,
since it might conceivably be shut off when we're expecting people to
not be paying much attention to the game due to a lull or whatnot.

I may propose a change to 2-10 to specify a shorter/clock independent
objection time for Ambassador actions; we don't want to be hamstrung
in our foreign relations by a rogue MoM keeping the clock stopped; we
wouldn't even be able to usurp the position to restart it.

Uh, perhaps I've said too much?

On Nov 19, 2007 11:53 AM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry, but as self-appointed "MiniMin" of Arguments (pending consultation
> which I shall assign later today when I have time) I must point out that,
> because the clock is off, 2 ndays have not passed since you attempted this
> action on nday 11. The action will occur at the end of nday 1 if no
> objections are received by then. The rule on objection (2-9) specifically
> refers to ndays, not ndelays....
>
> Billy Pilgrim
>

> On Nov 19, 2007 10:44 AM, Geoffrey Spear <geoffspear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Having received 2 support, I have performed the Game Action in Agora
> > of registering B Nomic as a Player.
> >
> > --Ambassador Wooble

Geoffrey Spear
http://www.geoffreyspear.com/