Antonio Dolcetta on Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:06:20 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] My take on factions

Roger Hicks wrote:

> This allows factions to act as players including voting, but only if
> they have the support of multiple players, and only if they are
> maintained. In addition, it provides a means for non-faction loving
> players to still compete at the same level and also to use their Vote
> Points to reduce the power of the factions.

If I read this correctly Non-faction-loving players (let's call them
individualists) would have the choice between using all their voting
point to have all faction's voting power decrease by 15% or spending
their points increasing another individualist's voting power. Both seem
pretty poor choices.

> There is incentive to invest your Vote Points in factions, because
> only factions can carry over their Voting Power from one week to the
> next, however the decay mechanism would make it difficult for a
> faction to maintain a high Voting Power.

It would take 7 players all their voting points (this means they don't
get to vote at all during that voting) to reduce faction's voting power
to 0. That's never going to happen.
And why would you want to incentivate factions in the first place ?