Joel Uckelman on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:46:08 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] For Joel / Dave / other admin-type people?

Thus spake "Rainbow Wolfe":
> Sorry, still watching (at least till I leave the country again on Sat).
> Can't a mail server be set to save mail until a set date and then have it
> send all that mail to the list (or wherever) on a set nday. You could
> configer the clock-bot (if it still works) to prompt that server to release
> the mail.
>
> Sounds probably anyway
>
> - Rainbow Wolfe*

No, this wouldn't work with the escrow as it is now. It requires the
addresses of all the respondents at the outset, and doesn't release
the replies until it receives a reply from each one.

It *might* be possible to jerry rig something together---maybe send
all of the reply requests to a script, which then forwards them on
to the actual recipients (in order to fish out the reply-tos) and
then have a cron script reply to all outstanding requests at the
appointed time in order to release the escrow. That would work,
I guess, but I think it would be harder to get this to be reliable
than it would be for me to rewrite the escrow agent like I'd been
planning. When exactly I'll get to that is hard to say, though.
I guess I could work on it after I do a release of the dice server.

--
J.