Joel Uckelman on Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:51:20 -0700 (MST)

[s-d] dice server enhancements

At long last, I've returned to do some more work on the dice roller.
The plan is to augment the syntax so the Bones programs can be rolled,
just like in my web-based roller (see http://dice.nomic.net for the
roller, and http://dice.nomic.net/bones.html for the reference for Bones).

Based on some comments Wonko made nearly a year ago, and some more recent
ones by Antonio, I gather there there are three things you guys would
like:

1. Execution of programs in text:

   Wonko {{if d2 == 1 then "gains" else "loses"}} 12HP.

2. Interpolation:

   foreach gnome in perm("Beer","Bomb","Grain") do
      foreach player in ("Wonko", "Peter", "Triller") do
         "$1 gets a $2 Gnome."@($player, $gnome)

3. Don't truncate long comment lines (maybe wrap them instead?).

Is that an accurate summary?

How do you find the syntax?

--
J.