all players on Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:52:46 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] RFC: Rule Tag

all players wrote:
> Rainbow Wolfe wrote:
>> loitering still... I would join but I'm due to leave again in a month and
>> internet access is sparodic.
>>
>> You could:
>> {{create an RFC section for each rule [[and possibly each section?!]],
>> add to this section [[whatever you define as]] key words that are defined /
>> referred to by this rule}}
>> {{create new_rule in RFC: if a word ceases to exist in a rule then the
>> corresponding word in the RFC defined section of the rule becomes an invalid
>> path and should be removed}}
>>
>> note: 'should be removed' - invalid paths that aren't removed can then still
>> be used. Safely if no one notices (possible but unlikely), or have penalties
>> added if it noticed. Maybe penalties could be added to words and then
>> players can try to remove the word from that rule to take advantage of an
>> associated 'penalty'??
>>
>> random suggestions...
>
> Creating a seperate section guarentees that it won't be kept up-to-date :p
>
> In any case, it's more fun to make it all implicit, then get into RFJs
> and/or Mobs when people disagree over whether a path is valid. Maybe
> even have a way to create paths...?

I should perhaps clarify that last comment. By create paths, I mean a
non-proposal way of mutating rules. For example, there might be some
method to replace all instances of "grass gnome" with "fire gnome" in a
rule, or something along those lines.