all players on Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:39:59 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] RFC: The Grid

shadowfirebird wrote:
</draft>
 > __Rule Tag__
 > Create a new rule "Rule Tag":
 > {{
 >    There is an attribute "rule tag location".  This must be a valid rule
 >    number, or  "null".  The default value is null.
 >
 >    Rule Tag Location can be shortened to RTL.
 >
 >    Players with an RTL of null are not currently playing the game of rule
 >    tag.
 >
 >    As a game action, a player may change eir RTL by posting a "move"
 >    to the public forum.  If eir current RTL is null, then e may
choose any
 >    rule number.  Otherwise, e may choose the rule number of a rule that
 >    defines one of the game terms used in eir current RTL; the rule number
 >    of a rule that refers to one of the game terms defined in the current
 >    RTL; or null.
 >
 >    When posting a move, the player must clearly show eir current RTL,
 >    new RTL and the game term that links them.  Only one such move can
 >    be posted in an n-week; subsequent move actions in the same n-week
 >    are ignored.
 >
 >    At the end of the n-week, after passed proposals have been enacted
 >    into the rules, the RTL of each player is checked and the
following things
 >    happen:
 >
 >    1) Any player whose RTL no longer points to a valid rule has eir
RTL set
 >    to null and loses 100 points.
 >
 >    2) Any player whose RTL points to a rule that has just changed
loses 30
 >    points.
 >
 >    3) Any player on the same RTL as another player will lose or gain
points
 >    based on their elemental precedence.  This works as follows: Earth
beats
 >    Water; Water beats Fire; Fire beats Air; Air beats Earth; all other
 >    combinations are neutral.  A player on the same location as another
 >    player and with a losing elemental precedence gives that player 30
 >    points.
 >
 >    [[So given three players with elements Earth, Air and Fire, on the
same
 >     RTL: Air gives Fire 30 points; Earth gives Air 30 points.]]
 >
 >    [[bamf - need a minister to run this game.  need to define element
 >    attribute and how it is changed.  What else?]]
 > }}
 > </draft>

What happens if a player is to lose or give points, but doesn't possess
enough? Do they go negative?

[[ blah, losing messages on my gmail account from the list it seems...
oh well, moving over to this email has the benefit that my identity will
be set properly as well ]]