Antonio Dolcetta on Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:41:57 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [auto] Antonio votes

Daniel Lepage wrote:

So, at the end of the Voting Period, every Open prop becomes Historical (3-3) and thus resolves (2-6). Now the changes are implemented in ascending serial number order (2-6), and at exactly the same time everyone gets Amplitude (3-4).

Since r2-6 takes precedence over r3-4 (by r2-2), the effects of r2-6 all happen before the effects of r3-4 (by r2-5).

Hence, each prop has its gamestate changing effects in order, meaning that p214 gives Amplitude, and then p266 removes them all; after this has all happened, we all simultaneously gain all the Amplitude from voting under r3-4 (and all form bonuses from r3-9), so these bonuses are unaffected by p266.

Thus, IMHO, we should begin next nweek each having exactly as much Amplitude as r3-4 and r3-9 say we should get.

--Wonko

I think you're right. I got misled by the "the changes are made sequentially in ascending serial number order." in rule 2-6. The changes referred to are only those explicitly stated in the passing motion, point awarding is resolved afterwards as per standard precedence rules.

Sorry for the noise !

--

	Antonio
    http://gelo.dolcetta.net