Daniel Peter Lepage on Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:25:38 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] Not dead yet

> "Historical" might not have been the worst description for me for a while
> there... anyway, I'm back and I've updated my Ministries. The most
> interesting bit from that is that Eugene hit RainbowWolfe for 114 energy
> last Grid Period, dealing 14 damage over eir Defense. Of course, that 14
> can
> be bought right back with RW's income from eir fort... we either need less
> fixable forts (perhaps not fixable at all) or more stuff on the Grid.

Maybe it should be more like actual Rumble: Everyone starts with a
100-energy Fort, and then you freeze the placement of new forts while
everyone shoots each other. When one person is left standing, e gets some
awesome prize and everyone else gets a new fort.

Of course, that rules out the possibility of really long-running
conflicts... How could we let people enter the game partway without
letting people jump in at the last second and knock off to only remaining
hit point on the map?

--
Wonko