Peter Cooper Jr. on Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:36:28 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [auto] Peter votes

"Daniel Peter Lepage" <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm against letting the Minister of Change renumber props, because then e
> gets the power to unilaterally decide which of a set of conflicting props
> wins out.

There's no renumbering; the number is assigned when it's created.

I was trying to solve the problem of needing to renumber everything if
a prop. submission is found to be illegal. This happened a couple
nweeks ago, and it looks like more props-per-nweek changes could be on
the way (such as Wonko's class system), so it'd be nice if we could
somehow count illegal actions as taking up a serial number even though
there isn't actually a prop there. My solution was to allow the
minister to give out numbers (presumably though the automated script),
so that if one particular action was found illegal, the number could
just be deleted and ignored. I'm certainly open to other
possibilities, though, if someone has a suggestion.

--
Peter C.
"What does that mean?"