Alex Truelsen on Fri, 27 May 2005 23:38:44 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] BvS submits p111

Eugene asked:

Two questions.
1. why wouldn't anyone get rid of the fish like a hot potatoe and keep the
hundred genechips?
They can't - even if you ditch it immediately, the action doesn't resolve
until the end of the nweek, and you're stuck until then.

2.They should perhaps have to include the game action in the other two
languages for verification purposes.
Nah, if it's Babelized you'll be able to tell because it won't make any
sense. If someone wants to fake that, fine by me.

> This won't work, for the same reason the original didn't quite work -
> the rules have no control over real world things. Clearly I can post a
> message that hasn't been Babelized; indeed, I'm doing so right now. So
> the statement that I must not do this is apparently false.

I like the way you work, here. It's sublime. State problem...

It would work better if you punished people for breaking the Sushi. You
> could get something similar to the effect you want, I believe, by
> saying that "Unbabelized messages sent by the player possessing the
> Sushi are ignored and have no effect".

...state solution. Yes, I will add something along those lines in. I knew I
was forgetting something.

This also seems just like the original sushi, which was repealed
> because it was a pain in the ass. How will this be any better?

Well, the other one wasn't repealed all that quickly, and I thought we
killed it because it spent a lot of time trapped in the possession of
players who weren't doing anything. This proposal will fix that and give
people money for having to deal with the thing. Money is good, and so is the
Sushi. It brought us "ass the flag thing in" and the name of vSOI... really,
it's not Nomic without some sort of institutionalized nonsense.

[[BvS]]