Daniel Lepage on Tue, 24 May 2005 23:45:59 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] EugeneMeidinger amends p97

On May 23, 2005, at 3.39 PM, automailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

EugeneMeidinger has amended p97.

---------------------------------
Proposal 97/2: Let's try this again, shall we?
A Standard Proposal by EugeneMeidinger
Last modified on nweek 89, nday 7

[[Amended this right while sonnet was rebuking me.]]

Change rule 9-5 to read as follows:
{{
Bounties are game objects. Bounties are a collection of exchangable and ownable game objects. The game objects that are part of a bounty are given to whoever completes the specified list of tasks to be

This suggests that a Bounty consists of a collection of game objects and a list of tasks, whereas you just defined them to be nothing but collections of objects.

I think it would be easier to say something like "Bounties are Game Objects. A Bounty consists of a collection of Game Objects and a list of conditions under which objects from the Bounty will be given to players. This list may be in the form of a reference to some other preexisting list."

performed. Bounties may refer to other lists such as duties instead of having one specific to the bounty. Players and Entities may donate exchangable game objects in eir possesion to a bounty. Bounties

Players are entities, so "Entities" would be sufficient here. Also "exchangeable" isn't well defined. You might wish to define it, perhaps as "A type of Game Object is exchangeable if the rules allow a player holding an object of that type to give it to another player at any time".

may limit the reward given each time the list of tasks is completed. If there is a disagreement if the required tasks were correctly completed or not a CFI may be submitted. Players may create a new bounty as a game action but must include a donation to the bounty or it will be destroyed.

You should specify what happens if a Bounty doesn't have the objects it needs to pay out. Does it get destroyed, create the objects, transfer as much as it can, or simply do nothing?

}}

[[Grammar error and made it so gremlin can donate to bounties]]

Add to the end of rule 3-16 the following paragraph:
{{
At the beginning of each nweek the voting gremlin donates of its Genechips to the Genechip Bounty Bounty

How many of its Genechips?

Create the following bounty:
{{ == The Contest Bounty ==
The Contest Bounty gives out everything it contains at the end of the nweek to whoever the last recipient decides based on the criteria set by em submitted the best creative entry to a public forum during that nweek. If no one is picked, then a random player who made a game action is picked.}}
Make EugeneMeidinger the last recipient of the Contest Bounty.

Who rolls dice for this?

Create the following bounty:
{{
== The Subgame Bounty ==
The Genechip Bounty gives out 3 Genechips to anyone whose vote follows the Subgame Blowout Party's stance but is not a memeber of the party.}}

So basically, you'll pay me as long as I don't join your party? Sounds like a good incentive for the party members to quit.

--
Wonko

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
     -Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)