Alex Truelsen on Sun, 8 May 2005 22:34:24 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] CFI

On 5/8/05, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On May 8, 2005, at 11.23 PM, Alex Truelsen wrote:
>
> > I can't play Tiles because if I owned Mithrandir's Soul, then I
> > couldn't
> > claim Teucer's, and I used Teucer's. I'm just trying to cover all of
> > the
> > effects of that - if the first bit is acceptable, then the rest is as
> > well
> > via a kind of domino effect... but perhaps it is a little much. I'll
> > amend
> > it and just include the rest of those effects as comment text, so if
> > it does
> > get called true, we know what to change.
> >
> > Also, I say Mithrandir and BvS have two different Souls because those
> > are
> > two different players - but one Outsider. The rules are a little fuzzy
> > about
> > the distinction, hence that scam working in the first place (although
> > in
> > retrospect, there have /got/ to be easier ways to get a second
> > vote...).
>
> Under the current rules, at least, a player is an Outsider who consents
> to be governed by the rules. If the Outsiders are the same, then so are
> the players. I actually think it was illegal under the rules as of when
> Mithrandir was around (I looked it up shortly after you revealed that
> you were e, but don't remember the details). You're right that nothing
> forbid an outsider from having two players, but only because it was
> impossible by definition, since Player was defined as a subclass of
> Outsider.

Well, so then perhaps under the current rules there's only one Soul... given
that confusion, you're right, the Tiles bit in the CFI should be cut because
it'll just make things too confused. However, I don't recall if at the time
we had Outsiders. I don't remember that word in the ruleset. Granted, it was
what, two years ago, and my knowledge of such fine points has faded.

[[BvS]]