Rainbow Wolfe on Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:33:49 -0500 (CDT)

[s-d] Create New World

Now the new world is in operation, I can send this I'm working on. :-)

All that follows is a preview of the rule(s) I'm working on.
Suggestions appreciated. - RW
(and reasonings, etc... will be removed :-) )

Create new rule: 'Create New World'

{{
A player may create an entire rules section [[usually the initial
rules for a sub game]] provided that the following restriction(s) are
met.
* The player must have no other proposal pending until NewWorld is
resolved. If a proposal by the player, other than NewWorld, becomes
pending then NewWorld ceases to resolve and is treated as if the
player withdrew the prop.
 The following restrictions must be met, or otherwise accounted for.
* There must be no amendment to, or creation of, any rule outside the
NewWorld subsection.
* All rules in NewWorld must be self-contained, making no direct
impact upon the Universe [[BNomic]] or another World.

The Minister under whose duristiction the NewWorld falls has the power
to veto a proposal, provided they give good reason for doing so.
[[This may be however be CFI'd.]]
}}

[[reasoning:
The rule allows players to create subgames consisting of more than 5
rules, and also helps to address the previous problem of having all
subgame rules put into one meta-rule.
Suggested restrictions are to limit players power using this, this
needs more work and I'm open to suggestions before I submit (things
I've missed / wording). Restrictions that 'must be taken into account'
are to restrict the creation of a NewWorld to the subsection.
Obviously we need to take into account that some games will interact
more directly with the core rules (sections 1-5) and other Worlds
(games).
This also allows for rule amendments inside the NewWorld, for example:
any amendment that is usually made to extend a rule to take into
account part of a game (thinking Gremlins here) can be done in one
area - assuming it has no impact elsewhere in Nomic - and can be
repealed in one easy move when the subsection is closed. This would
save having to repeal rules X, Y, and Z while amending A and B.
The veto allows Ministers who are overworked, or running an already
complicated game, to take a measure of control. Although the veto can
still be overturned (extra effort - just enough to put people off if
they aren't interested, but simple enough to propose if its a nice
rule set / game), it may be proposed that the person who wrote the
NewWorld actually takes control of that segment of rules. If they want
enough, they will help in some way.
purpose:
This should allow the creation of subgames that do not impact on
BNomic, but which BNomic can impact upon through the main rules (as
well as making clear what world/game interacted with what). Maybe we
can get more players to join BNomic by adding a subgame in this way,
ie. Glotmorfs' Tunneler game could be added as part of BNomic. If this
is to happen though we need another rule specifying that only players
can change the rules in eir subset.
]]

Create new rule: 'Destroy World'

{{
If a World is destroyed, the entire rules set [[subsection]] for that
World are removed from the game.

Any objects that were specifically created for that World, and have no
purpose outside of it, are uncreated.

If any players exist in that World [[players owning an avatar,
propoerty, stocks, shares or other investment]], they may be
reimbursed for the destruction where appropriate. Any reimbursment is
entirely a a gesture of goodwill and must be declared when destroying
a World.
}}

Create new rule: 'Create New Dimension'

{{

}}

--
Every idea is its own one hundred percent universe. - Bashar