Jeremy Cook on Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:15:29 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Phil submits p1947

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:55:42PM -0500, Phil Ulrich wrote:
> First, Zarpint:
>
>  > There should be some bonus or something for the person who puts it in
>  > Gridlock. Like the Suberian win for creating an unresolvable paradox
>  > in Nomic.
>
> I agree, but I'm trying to think of how to word it. I would put "Award
> ten Points to the Player who made the last move before Gridlock," but
> I'm trying to think of a situation where that might not necessarily be
> the same person who caused the Gridlock. In my head it seems like it
> would be, but I'm not 100% sure.

How about, "the last move before Gridlock that had an option such that,
if it had been made, the board might not be in Gridlock after X moves,
where X is the number of moves since that move", except with better
syntax.

Zarpint