Daniel Lepage on Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:15:28 -0600 (CST)

[s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] Norinel votes

On Nov 9, 2004, at 6.06 AM, wonko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Proposal 1932/0: Redefining Societies once again          : Shelve
Does the Charter actually do much? I'm more tempted to just do away with them altogether

It's supposed to be a sort of contract between the society and its members. It's basically a mechanism to prevent the Speaker of the society from suddenly proclaiming that the society gives all of its possession to em.

Proposal 1935/1: Tomatoes II                              : Yes
Still worried, but this looks a little bit better than the last one.

What worries you?

Proposal 1937/0: A Card-Eat-Card world                    : Shelve
Part A could lead to a mess; rule 699 permits everything, sort of. Throw in "explicitly".

r699 only permits them in certain situations, namely when we can't tell that it's illegal. In such cases it would be good to have the moves be legal.

--
Wonko

& ) . . /