Jeremy Cook on Thu, 4 Nov 2004 19:26:23 -0600 (CST)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] [auto] PlayerPersonman submits p1941

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 05:07:21PM -0800, Jake Eakle wrote:
> First off, ViewProps is down, in that that it shows a lot of python errors
> rather than the current proposals. Thought someone might wanna know.

Are you logged in?

> Secondly, Regarding this void:
> I am aware that there might be some trouble with the phrase 'do away with'
> in the second move. This may seem frighteningly similar to the whole 'lay
> down' thing. However, i think it is distinctly different, in that 'lay down'
> had a real-life meaning easily interpretable to be something other than
> 'play'. However, 'do away with' really can't mean anything other than 'kill'
> or 'destroy', which is the intent here. Thank you for your cooperation,

> > Add this to a book containing a compilation of distinct sorts of things which
> > individuals who play B Nomic may play on any Board which is part of B Nomic
> > and not part of Political Go, if such a thing is part of B Nomic:

I don't understand that sentence at all.

> > [[
> > A Transport is a thing which individuals who play B Nomic may play on any
> > Board which is part of B Nomic and not part of Political Go. A symbol for a
> > transport is ?T¹.

It would be nice to know what a Board is. And I can't read that symbol:
it looks like tilde-L-T-box to me.

> > A Transport's actions follow:
> >
> > *Shift it to any orthagonally adjoining location.
> > *Do away with any thing in a location orthagonally adjoining its own, and
> > build a copy of this thing in a random location on any Board which is part of
> > B Nomic and not part of Political Go. An individual who plays B Nomic who owns
> > a copy of a thing which a Transport acts upon in this fashion must pay 20~ (
> > for Transportation Costs) to any individual who plays B Nomic who owns a
> > Transport that did an action causing said copy to go into play. If an
> > individual who plays B Nomic has paid for Transportation Costs for such a
> > copy, that individual must not do so again.

I don't understand: so if you steal someone's piece, they have to pay
you 20 tildex?
Shouldn't it be that you have to pay them 20 tildex in compensation?

Zarpint