Jake Eakle on Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:37:07 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [s-d] Re: [s-b] Votes

Alright, fine. It should have read "All Vines grown from tomatoes dropped by
a Vine In The Town Square have the attribute In the town square." We can
make it say this later if necessary.

On 10/8/04 11:59 AM, "Jeremy Cook" <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 11:28:16AM -0700, Jake Eakle wrote:
>>
>>> Proposal 1915/0: Tomatoes
>>> Shelve [what does it mean for a vine to be planted "in the Town
>>> Square"?]
>> The attribute "in the Town Square" does not actually define a location
>> within the game. It is merely a marker to denote that tomatoes from that
>> Vine can be picked by any player without penalty.
>>

> That makes sense, but in the Prop:
> There exists a Communal Vine, which has the attribute "In the Town
> Square". This Vine is considered to have been planted at the beginning
> of nweek 71. No player owns this Vine, nor may any player claim a Free
> Throw against any other player picking a Tomato from it. If a Tomato
> falls off a Communal Vine, it plants itself in the Town Square. Any and
> all Vines in the Town Square are Communal Vines.
>
> you say that a vine 'plants itself in the Town Square'.

Alright, fine. It should have read "All Vines grown from tomatoes dropped by
a Vine In The Town Square have the attribute In the town square." We can
make it say this later if necessary.

>>> Proposal 1916/0: There is a rainbow
>>> Shelve [If a card is stained with Tomato Juice, what color is it
>>> stained?]
>> It is stained 'unreadable'. If a color card were stained, it would do
>> nothing when played. Yes, the flavor is lost a little here, because the
>> rainbow cards have no text to be stained, but the tomato rule states that
>> any stained card will have no effect when played.
>
> Araltaln's prop says:
>   The "Apple White" card may be used as a "wild card" to make any
> sequence, but using it means the sequence is worth ~30 less (Thus a
> sequence of Orange, Yellow, Apple White, Blue would only score ~50). If
> the Apple White card has been stained in any way, it is can only
> acceptably be substituted for the colour it has been stained.
>
> which seems to conflict with this unless we add a color 'Tomato'.
>
> Zarpint

No, it doesn't conflict. It's jsut that under the current rules, if both
props pass, the Apple White card will not be playable when it is stained
with tomato juice. If something else stains it some other color, then it
will be playable as that color. Perhaps in the future someone will make
tomato juice stain cards a certain color, and then this rule will do
something. UNtil then though, it creates no conflicts.