Glotmorf on Tue, 13 Jul 2004 04:34:23 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] refresh proto

On 12 Jul 2004 at 20:22, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> R5 is irritating - put different object on different number lists, so
> that whatever tracks proposals doesn't have to know what numbers the
> rules are using. Also, there's still no definition of a 'revisable
> object'. Since it's lowercase, we'd have to use the standard english
> definition; revise means "to look over again in order to correct or
> improve" so a revisable object must be one that can be looked over
> again in order to correct or improve. However, it is not hard to look
> over a person and suggest some things they could correct (virtually
> everybody has bad sitting posture, for example); I am therefore a
> revisable object and should be assigned a serial number.

In a sense, you as a player are in fact a revisable object,
since you have various states and attributes that periodically
change, and corrections may sometimes need to be made to you.
But I agree this doesn't fit with what could be considered a
game-precedent definition of "revisable".

On a slightly related/unrelated note, do we want to bother to
differentiate between objects whose states can change (e.g.
players) and objects whose states can't change (e.g. BNS -- we
might own different amounts of them, but they as objects don't
change)?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt