Craig on Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:36:21 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

>Cementing, or even concretifying, the glorious dominion of B Nomic
>over the world is a good thing. But if the recognizer were delayed
>>12 hours, the calendar would be off by a day, creating chaos years
>down the line. Writs of Delay would also complicate matters. What if
>time progressed even when the clock was off? Some nweeks might be very
>short, but the calendar would be predictable.

The short nweek problem would be easy enough to fix - just lengthen the
nweek.

Hrm, there's three checkpoints per nweek, right? If they each last four
ndays, and we have a two-day freeze at the end of the nweek for voting
(which other Nomics might be happy about - I know Agora has a weekly ballot,
for instance, and if we can get the Serious Nomic to adopt our calendar it's
definitely universal), then a new nweek begins every fourteen days. This
would also sync it up with the outsiders' week, so that we could have voting
happen every other weekend.

 - Teucer

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx