Zarpint on Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:17:00 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

Cementing, or even concretifying, the glorious dominion of B Nomic
over the world is a good thing. But if the recognizer were delayed
>12 hours, the calendar would be off by a day, creating chaos years
down the line. Writs of Delay would also complicate matters. What if
time progressed even when the clock was off? Some nweeks might be very
short, but the calendar would be predictable.

Zarpint

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Craig wrote:

> Suppose the clock stoppages at Checkpoints were always exactly twelve hours
> in duration, but the game remained paused until the Recognizer got out.
> Further suppose that the stoppage at every nweek's end were a full day.
> Suddenly, it would be possible to extrapolate into the future the conversion
> between the Nomic date and time and the Gregorian. We could then start a
> movement for this calendar to be recognized by all Nomics of the world,
> further cementing the mighty reign of B.
>
>  - Teucer
>
> ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
> teucer@xxxxxxxxxx

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd