Baron von Skippy on 29 Dec 2003 03:23:16 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Materiel

>Mr. in a Spacesuit had an interesting idea in terms of having more than one type of
>resource unit, but tried to develop it in far too arbitrary a fashion.  Might I suggest
>something more similar to that used in Star Wars Galaxies?

<snip>

-I like your idea, but I worry about the distressing trend toward pre-planning that I'm seeing in this game. The seat of /my/ pants still have wings, what happened to the rest of you? Be that as it may, this seems like a good idea, and one that can be used with my old idea to allow people to make Stuff from a list of components - this organizes those components nicely. So... yeah, I'm game for it. One question, though: Say we have Inorganics->Metals->Iron,Gold,Copper,Lead,Silver,Zinc,Aluminium,etc... and I want to throw in another layer, say Metals->Valuable, and stick Gold and Silver into it - how is that done, especially if Gold and Silver have lower-level materials beneath them?-

>So...what should the first top-level categories be?  Matter and Energy?

-I suppose so, although Organic/Inorganic might be better unless someone thinks we really might need just "Matter" as a component (maybe in a Mr. Fusion reactor, I don't know).-

[[BvS]]