Daniel Lepage on 25 Dec 2003 14:58:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Robot Chess

On Thursday, December 25, 2003, at 12:06 AM, Craig wrote:

Just ideas--and hey, we could make the game N-dimensional, where N is very
large. We haven't had an 11-dimensional grid yet, have we?
Somehow 11-dimensional Toroidal Chess Diplomacy really appeals to me :)

Here's a proto-rule for you: A space on the grid is defined by an ordered set of 11 numbers. Each number may be either zero or one. The point whose
address is {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0} is called the origin; the point
{1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1} is called the destination. Each player has a robot.
Once per checkpoint, each player may move in any single dimension. If a
robot moves onto a space containing exactly two other robots, one of those
two at random is captured. Robots may teleport from the origin to the
destination and vice versa. This ruleset is deliberately boring so that the
game can be expanded and complexified a little bit at a time; we've got
11-dimensionality in though.

That could be interesting... I'm not sure I could picture that in my head.

BTW, was this a reply to Glotmorf? If so, that'll be twice that Glotmorf sent something and I never got it...

--
Wonko