Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 25 Dec 2003 16:31:59 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Robot Chess

No, it was a reply to me--did you not get the post on grid ideas that ended
like that? Who else would talk about 11-dimensional space? :)

And if you can even imagine picturing 11-dimensional space, you're a much
better Nomic player than anyone else on Earth...

Zarpint

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> On Thursday, December 25, 2003, at 12:06 AM, Craig wrote:
>
> >> Just ideas--and hey, we could make the game N-dimensional, where N is
> >> very
> >> large. We haven't had an 11-dimensional grid yet, have we?
> >> Somehow 11-dimensional Toroidal Chess Diplomacy really appeals to me
> >> :)
> >
> > Here's a proto-rule for you: A space on the grid is defined by an
> > ordered
> > set of 11 numbers. Each number may be either zero or one. The point
> > whose
> > address is {0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0} is called the origin; the point
> > {1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1} is called the destination. Each player has a
> > robot.
> > Once per checkpoint, each player may move in any single dimension. If a
> > robot moves onto a space containing exactly two other robots, one of
> > those
> > two at random is captured. Robots may teleport from the origin to the
> > destination and vice versa. This ruleset is deliberately boring so
> > that the
> > game can be expanded and complexified a little bit at a time; we've got
> > 11-dimensionality in though.
>
> That could be interesting... I'm not sure I could picture that in my
> head.
>
> BTW, was this a reply to Glotmorf? If so, that'll be twice that
> Glotmorf sent something and I never got it...
>
> --
> Wonko

Zarpint            "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
Jeremy Cook         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx       --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd
grep -r kibo /     "Movements are the problem, not the answer to problems."