Baron von Skippy on 25 Dec 2003 03:50:24 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

>> Also, I think some things shouldn't be buildable. For example we might
>> want artifacts that can be found, but that we no longer have the means
>> to create (like the Improbability Drive on the Baron's old speeder).
>>

>I've got to disagree. I'd much prefer to have the grid like a glass box,
>where the players can only indirectly affect the action inside, and the
>inhabitants (the robots) have to evolve and build everything inside
>themselves. It would be different than the old grid, and a little more
>entertaining.

-Allow me to disagree with your disagreement, probably in a way incompatible with everyone's views. The 'bots are on the Grid, yes? Well, I'm almost certain that there weren't a dozen robots on the Grid when it got nuked, so clearly those 'bots were placed there by us. Therefore, we should be able to send other things in. Maybe not a lot of things - after all, there's got to be some sort of background radiation/entropy/both going on that makes it difficult to get there. Also, I very much like the idea of finding the ruins of the old Grid here and there. Say, the old S.S. Improbable, now a burnt-out wreck whose munitions store was scattered when a missile landed almost on top of it. Note what those munitions were - now think about what happens when someone finds a cache of Whoopass just sort of lying around. I'll give you a hint: It begins with a "F" and rhymes with "oomp."

Any thoughts on this? Maybe I'll get to read them in a few days...-

[[BvS]]