Daniel Lepage on 10 Oct 2003 02:21:25 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Whn you'r bord, what ls can you do?

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 10:15 PM, Craig wrote:

BTW, I'm inclined to vote against this.  Even with the one-syllable
restriction I
managed to write a prose prop.  This is just duuuuuuuuumb.

And yet, Georges Perec wrote an entire novel with no e. It was translated to
English, with the constraint retained.

Yes, that's what gave me the idea. "A void", I believe it's called in english.

Though I think the hardest constraint I've seen is the one in the Mike Keith rewrite of "The Raven." It's long, but if I don't post it here, someone's
going to ask, so here goes:
<snip>
                        -- Original: E. Poe
                        -- Redone by measuring circles.

This might be more impressive if I knew what you meant by "measuring circles"...

--
Wonko