Daniel Lepage on 8 Oct 2003 02:26:44 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Patents

On Tuesday, October 7, 2003, at 09:55 PM, Glotmorf wrote:

Just don't give Dave lots and lots of extraneous
work, that's all I'm saying.-

As compared to reinventing an in-game production
and
commerce system? :)

-As I recall, we had a Ministry to help some there.
As I recall, it was my ministry. So yes, as opposed
to recreating said system.-

What I meant was, you're creating an economic system
now.  Even if the method of tracking patents is
trivial, you're setting up a system of allocating
resources, creating objects, conducting transactions
between entities and so on, all of which need to be
officially recognized actions on the public forum.  My
guess is that patents won't cause anywhere near as
much work as the economic system that is based on
them.

Les'n you're looking to create a new ministry too...?

Anyone here heard of Kevan's Generic Nomic Data Tracker? It looks useful... See http://kevan.org/generic for details.

--
Wonko