Baron von Skippy on 6 Oct 2003 23:48:40 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a gnome out of my hat!

>>> might be easier to make stage work from a minimum of 1, and any gnome
>>> of a
>>> stage greater than 1 is of a stage equal to the Sum of the stages of
>>> those
>>> gnomes which go to make up that gnome... so a Stage 1 gnome is basic,
>>> stage 2 gnome is 2 stage 1 gnomes, a stage 4 gnome is any combination
>>> which
>>> equals 4.... bit like conkers... your way is a bit too wooly
>>>
>> -My way a) avoids it growing exponentially (two stage 1s = stage 2,
>> then 4, then 8...) and leaves all the stages in without skipping, and
>> b) makes it cheaper to get more complex gnomes than to get the
>> component parts.-
>
>So if you can mix two basic gnomes to get one yoyo gnome, and two yoyo
>gnomes to get three basic gnomes, then if basic gnomes are stage n,
>yoyo gnomes are stage n+1, and basic gnomes are stage n=n+2?

-If you did it the other way, basic gnomes would be stage n, yoyos stage 2n, and basics stage n=4n. Here's a thought: Don't make that combination. Besides, Basics will be defined to be stage n in the rule, so your evil plan is foiled again.-

>>> link initial HP to stage, so unless defined otherwise, a gnomes
>>> initial HP
>>> is equal to its stage (and thus to the HP of all gnomes making it up -
>>> should damage to previously component gnomes reduce the HP of the new
>>> gnome?
>>
>> -This goes back to the old Gnomes. They had two or three (I think
>> three) by default. I see no reason to change that, especially because,
>> if I implemented both of your ideas there regarding Stage and HP, one
>> of the old PGGB Gnomes would then have... hmm, the web site's down at
>> the moment, so I'm not sure exactly, but several dozen PGGBs /each./
>> More powerful Gnomes should, if anything, have fewer hit points.-
>
>I think I'd prefer hit points to be things a gnome starts out with;
>then you can specify that squeezing/breeding reduces hit points. That
>way we can define other things that also reduce hit points later.

-Well, you can add the other actions (throwing, for example) to the list of things that reduce their hit points... how many ways are you expecting to be able to hurt the little guys?-

[[BvS]]