Craig on 31 Aug 2003 04:36:07 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Mailer-Demon messages?

>>>messages
>>>they supposedly sent but didn't?  It looks to me like someone
>>>sure it ain't me.
>>>
>>>Not from that one, but I'm guessing the virus in question is the Sobig F
>>>worm. It sends a message to people in the address book of the infected
>>>person, from others in the same address book. I've gotten several
>>>notifications that someone's system sent an e-mail claiming to be from me
>>>that was infected with the worm, so I scanned my computer and found no
>>>viruses.
>>
>>I think the infected person uses Outlook, God help em.  I use Calypso,
>>which is sort of virus-proof -- it doesn't have any autoscripting
>>capacity.

>And bellsouth.net as an ISP, according to the IP address.  Anyone wanna
fess up? :)

I'll fess up to using Outlook, but I am uninfected. By the way, the infected
file on the only Sobig message I've received is a .scr that you would have
to open. Yes, someone has to be dumb enough to believe you would send them a
screen saver by e-mail!

 -- Teucer

"Paginate my subjective reality, baby!"
 -Taliesin