Joel Uckelman on 31 Aug 2003 01:41:18 -0000

[spoon-discuss] auto-rejecting posts from nonsubscribers?

At present both game lists are set to hold for approval posts from
non-subscribers. In the past this has worked well with minimal effort on my
part, but this week the amount of junk the lists have been receiving
increased dramatically. If no one objects, I'm going to set the lists to
automatically reject messages from non-subscribers. That way, all of the
spam gets canned without any input from me (or Dave). The downside of this
is that you would no longer be able to rely on messages sent from alternate
email addresses to get through eventually---they'd get bounced back to you
instead. There is an easy way around this: 1) subscribe that account, but
turn off mail delivery for it, or 2) ask me to add the address to the pass
filter.

Is that acceptable to everyone?

--
J.