Baron von Skippy on 12 Aug 2003 04:44:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Oops

>>-That reminds me... I'm working on a new Gridlike thing that would
>>incorporate most of the basics of the old Grid (say, revision 5 or so),
>>but not the shape... this could be a sticking point, so I'll bring it up
>>in discussion. I'm envisioning this being the area outside the old Grid
>>(whose existence was denied by the masses when the Empire Grid prop was
>>shot down), with a big Grid-shaped hole in one side. For reasons which are
>>mostly aesthetic, I'm thinking a big circle, 40 spaces wide, with most
>>(96%) of a 20x20 square chopped out of its middle and lower left, leaving
>>two thin arms on the left and bottom. There could also be islands or
>>something in the hole - I recall the grid-nuking prop saying something
>>about a quarter of the mass surviving. Anyway, we're talking about
>>something around 850-900 squares (I counted twice and got very different
>>answers, so I have to find a new method of counting), which seems kind of
>>big, although I'd like to see some faster transport on this Grid that
>>makes the size I'm talking about less of a big deal. We could also put new
>>ideas onto this Grid, like that channeling thing we were discussing a
>>little while ago. Anyway, this isn't at all urgent. As I recall, Dave can
>>(and probably will) veto any prop that attempts to make this unless it
>>provides a Ministry to keep track, and I won't be able to set up such a
>>thing for a little while, never mind find a way to describe in a rule a
>>circle with a square cut out of it...
>>
>>Any thoughts other than "Baron, maybe you should lie down for a little
>>while?"-
>
>How about you make it on the outside of a cylinder?  That'll give you your circle, and still allow the squares to be, like, you know, whatcha call...square.

-The squares would be square anyway... although maybe it could resume being square but be a torus - the top connects with the bottom and the sides connect. If that was going to happen, I'd get rid of the giant hole and probably shrink it down to 30x30.-

[[BvS]]