SkArcher on 19 Jul 2003 05:09:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Gutting the Carcass

19/07/2003 05:59:02, Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 10:55  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:
>
>>> H. Failed Proposals
>>>
>>> When a proposal fails, the following effects occur in order.
>>>
>>> The author of the proposal loses 1d6 points.
>>> Other effects specifically related to proposal failure, such as Charm
>>> and Entropy
>>> adjustments, occur.
>>
>> -Ooohbugger. Anything, you've found something... I'd say that "if this
>> proposal fails, do blah" falls pretty neatly under the heading of
>> "effects specifically related to proposal failure." Pardon me whilst I
>> profit from this.-
>
>No, that's effects specifically related to the failure of proposals in
>general, not to yours in particular. Besides which, the text of your
>proposal only matters if your prop passes; so the failure bit is only a
>failure effect of your prop if your prop passes.
>
>But thanks for wasting most of your bandwidth on props that will do
>nothing but lose you score and charm... always good to gain a little
>more relative advantage.

Now, I initially thought that, but I'm not so certain. There is nothing says that a prop can't have effects if it fails. Yet. And the only props I've made are a
closure of the (theoretical) loophole, so either way I come up smelling of roses thanks to the baron :)

SkArcher