Craig on 16 Jul 2003 20:40:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] Political Go

>> >(Scoring is the most complex part of Go, and I'm simplifying a bit
>> >here.)
>>
>> I'd say learning all of those tesuji is more complex.

>Shows how much I suck at Go. I don't even know what a tesuji _is_.

I suck at Go also. I only know this because my brother doesn't suck so much.

A tesuji is basically a play that you make because it is the best one
availible in that situation. Generally, you make these excellent plays not
because you are hot shit but because you know all the ones that are likely
to arise.

>> Generally, I like this game. I think we should get rid of the turns
>> "opponent made the last move" rule, since your opponent could pass in
real
>> Go.

>The thing I'm trying to prevent is four people making an alliance and
>immediately surrounding any stone that was played. In general, it seems
>to screw with the game if many allies get their turns directly in a row.

Oh, yeah, that would suck.