Rob Speer on 16 Jul 2003 19:53:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] Political Go

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 02:32:14PM -0400, Craig wrote:
> >(Scoring is the most complex part of Go, and I'm simplifying a bit
> >here.)
>
> I'd say learning all of those tesuji is more complex.

Shows how much I suck at Go. I don't even know what a tesuji _is_.

> Generally, I like this game. I think we should get rid of the turns
> "opponent made the last move" rule, since your opponent could pass in real
> Go.

The thing I'm trying to prevent is four people making an alliance and
immediately surrounding any stone that was played. In general, it seems
to screw with the game if many allies get their turns directly in a row.

But if everyone but your allies passes or forgets to play, then right,
you should get to move again. Perhaps adding an "unless none of your
Opponents played in the last Checking Period" qualification to the rule
that prevents you from moving after an ally would work.

Oh, and I need to change Checkpoints to Checking Periods.
--
Rob Speer