Glotmorf on 15 Jul 2003 03:38:01 -0000

RE: RE: [spoon-discuss] Proto-prop: Aes Sedai

On 7/14/03 at 9:55 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>>>-It looks fine, but I'm staunchly against it because I don't think it can
>>coexist with my idea. But you could probably have guessed that
>>>yourself.-
>>
>>Oh, come off it. I like yours; I just like mine better. And that only
>>because of SkArcher's objection that the Source relies on outside
>materials.
>>
>-No offense meant; you have a nice idea. I like mine better because I get
>the feeling a lot of people have been exposed to enough of those outside
>materials to have a decent grasp of the concept, and the rest can use the
>URLs I posted. (Again, I'll probably be using those same URLs a lot
>myself.)-

Well, I've been exposed to those outside materials, but I remember some of the objections that came up just with my mining rule...the part about the "work crews" was sort of meant to be fluff, a visualization of having to be able to trace a path from a service mall to a worksite, but an objection came up because work crews weren't defined.

Thing is, we're talking thousands of pages of fiction, some of it tedious as hell, that isn't really absolutely necessary to define a relatively simple magic system involving Air, Fire, Water, Earth and Spirit...unless you're trying to bend over backwards to acknowledge Jordan's copyright.

In fact, now that our name has been bandied about in a magazine with national circulation, we might want to NOT acknowledge Jordan's copyright, and in fact have nothing to do with the books, on the off-chance that someone decides to sue.

Alternately, is there a WoT roleplaying game we can piggyback off of instead?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower