Glotmorf on 3 Jul 2003 03:16:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 44 BALLOT

On 7/2/03 at 5:18 PM Glotmorf wrote:

>Now, if B Nomic were in a wiki or something...

The more I think about this, the more I like it.  Wikis have user IDs, and permission to modify certain pages can be granted to specific IDs or groups of IDs.  Wiki pages have revision numbers.

Suppose each rule, proposal, and other numbered item was on a wiki page.  Revisions to that page could be revisions to the numbered item.  Ministries could be on other wiki pages.  SkArcher's Duties could be workable then, with ministry pages accessible to ministers and other pages accessible to other players.  Current rules are those that are parented to the current-rules page, current proposals to the current-proposals page, rules that belong to a certain keyword could be parented to a specific-keyword page, which in turn is parented to an all-keywords page...

...And subgames become easier to implement, because people can simply create whatever pages they need in the course of creating a society, then tack said pages onto a society-index page.

What I don't know about is scripting.  Does a wiki allow pages to be cgi-scripted (perl) or inline-scripted (php)?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower