Baron von Skippy on 12 May 2003 02:02:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] A cookie to the first person to identify the quote...

Gender should be very much related to Aes'Sedai, determing what -'angraels they can use in what way, and how powerful they tend to be in each of the 5 areas. Those areas are Fire, Water, Spirit, and two others, I believe. I
remember that healing used Water and Spirit.

Orc in a Spacesuit

So, basically it is an elemental system? Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Spirit.

Any ideas on somehow tuning this into the substance of Grid squares? So if you were by a brook Water stuff is easier, near to gravel makes earth easier, etc....?

Hmm... it's been a while since I've read the books (and I only got through about 5 or so of the bricks before I got interrupted), but the way I recall it, all the power came from the Source, which had two parts, one for males, one for females, and this Source is where the power came from. The different areas had to do with how different people could apply it -- if you wanted to light candle (create a flame), you used the Fire aspect. It had more to do with what you were manipulating.

I think that a lot of this could be worked into the combat system. I'd have to get my hands on the books again for inspiration. Something that I'd like to do, but is unlikely. BvS is more likely to come up with ideas. I think this would probably best be tabled for an nweek or so. Oh, and yes you can rescind props BvS.

-Well, I've got the basics, but that's all - I've gotten through the fourth pretty recently, but now I'm in a self-imposed cash freeze, so that's all I'm going to have for a while...

Oh, in addition to what I said in the last post - perhaps you can either try a new combination of weaves, or you can use an old one - the Minister of the Source (I'll just refer to the post as "GM") would record previous combinations and their effects for reference.-

[[BvS]]