Orc In A Spacesuit on 12 May 2003 02:02:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] A cookie to the first person to identify the quote...

From: "Craig" <ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx>
What if we had a three-way system, with the Force, the Source, and some
other power being used? Each system would have some way of assigning a
numerical value to its follower's abilities; and the sum of these
values for any given player could never exceed some value X? Thus, I,
as the Jedi Lord, would far surpass everyone else in matters of the
Force, but I'd be pitifully weak in terms of Source and Third; whereas
a Padawan wouldn't stand a chance against me in a Force-related duel,
but could weave circles around me with the Source?

A possible third thing: Alchemy. A suggested implementation:

Hmm... the reason I suggested having mutually exclusive options is that bein in tune Force and Source tend to inborn things that most of the population does not have; yet we couldn't just say that some people just don't get powers that others do, because that would be unbalanced. However, with Alchemy, that seems to me to be something learned, not imborn, and should be available to everyone, or at least those with a high Intelligence who are devoted enough to master it. I think that such a system would be interesting, but it shouldn't be seperate from Force and Source. If we did implement the "You get X CC Points to either pay to keep your old stuff or buy new stuff", having the Alchemy as an option for your CC Points would make it much less likely that anyone would become very skilled in both Alchemy and Force/Source.

An alchemist may distill four Units of Dirt and one Unit of Tin Salt to
create two Cans of Whoopass.
All of the above are based on John French's book "The Art of Distillation",
a tome on alchemy published in 1651.

...right.

Orc in a Spacesuit