Orc In A Spacesuit on 25 Mar 2003 16:06:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Thoughts on props

It seems we've already gotten several props for next nweek. Rather than waiting for voting, I'll go ahead and state my opinions on them now.

You can find next nweek's props at http://www.nomic.net/~g6/hist-prop.php?w=38&go=go

Proposal 1400/0 __Me too!__
No. That's too confusing; people may not remember that AOL means "Me too!" when reading it. Plus, it changes the meaning of the phrase, "AOL Sucks!"

Proposal 1402/0 __Drinking Problem__
I don't have a problem with the intended function of this prop, but I do have two things to say: First, it won't keep people from going nuts drinking, with the current availability of BAC-reducing drinks. Next, "removing it from eir possession" isn't too clear; do they simply drop it, able to pick it up? That's the closest I can figure it. Though I think you mean that the drink ceases to exist.

Proposal 1403/0 __Who were you, again?__
Does the From: header include the email address? Glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxx would count, in my opinion. Also, I think that recognization should be optional. I would like to point out that the Roster is supposed to have a list of everyone's email address. I think that would help, but do agree that everyone should put their name in their emails.

Proposal 1404/1 __Rescinding props__
You should only allow current props to be recinded, and not allow someone to recind a prop on the current ballot. You'll probably have to word that carefully, so shelved props and props made during a voting period are handled correctly.

Proposal 1405/0 __Chug! Chug! Chug! Thud!__
I like it, except for the Hangover of the Ages part. That seems a bit harsh. Maybe make a simple Hangover, which includes a "no more drinks" clause, and disallow running or piloting an airspeeder. Though maybe you could get a friend to drive you home.

Proposal 1406/1 __Pass me, I don't do anything__
It will affect the affirmative vote count and such.

Proposal 1407/0 __From some other beginning's end__
Not sure if I'll leave it like this; as I said earlier, perhaps we could leave the state of the grid partially intact, but balance everything out so that all players are on an even footing.

Proposal 1408/0 __Why doesn't someone just fix the darn thing?__
That'll work. Though I think that needing only 45 charm is a bit low for a win, even with this way of getting charm removed. I already used up all my bandwidth, so I can't propose a change to that.

Proposal 1409/0 __Hey, another fix!__
Sounds good.

Proposal 1410/0 __While we're at it...__
That's bad english causing the problem. I support the interpertation that "it" refers to the Recylcing Center, even if it doesn't look that way.

Proposal unnumbered __No more laggy moves__
Umm... yeah. Not really much for me to say about this one. It's a fix. Wee.

Orc in a Spacesuit