Daniel Lepage on 23 Mar 2003 06:42:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Orcish Alcohol Tolerance

On Saturday, March 22, 2003, at 11:47  PM, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

I buy 8 summer gnomes.  (5 points each, 40 total)
I buy 8 air gnomes.  (5 points each, 40 total)
I buy 8 water gnomes.  (5 points each, 40 total)
(Total of 120 points spent)
I combine each of my new summer gnome with an air gnome, yielding me 8 fire gnomes. I combine each of my new fire gnome with a water gnome, yielding me 8 tequila gnomes. I squeeze each of my 8 tequila gnomes 3 times, yielding me 24 glasses of tequila.
I then drink all 24 glasses of tequila.
This sends me to Limbo and adds 48 to my BAC. (Which is not that much of a problem for an orc, you see...) This also grants me 24 * (2d3) charm, or somewhere between 48 and 144 charm. Since I have just drank 24 glasses of tequila, I do believe I have reached the bottom of the tequila bottle. I eat the worm.
Since my charm is greater than 45, I win.

Refrences:
Rule 441.B.3 says that tequila gnomes have 3 hit points.
Rule 1081.A.3 says that tequila raises BAC by 2 and charm by 2d3, and enough of it will put me in Limbo and make me slur my speech for an nweek. I think I can handle a speech impediment; the two-nyear's worth of BAC gets tubed as a result of my win.

I could've sworn we changed that charm bit to a style bonus... maybe that was another drink...

Well, good job.

I've just noticed some things that happen now, which I hadn't noticed earlier. I'll list them here in case I'm not the only one who's surprised by what just happened:

When all dimensions were cleared save Respect, the Force went too. I forgot that it was a Dimension.

When all players go to Limbo, we all drop all carryable objects in our possessions, in accordance with 301.B.3. This includes bagged Gnomes.

When "All Gnomes not in Gnome bags are destroyed" *all* Gnomes are destroyed, 'cos we unbagged and dropped 'em all automatically. This has the side effect of updating the Weather three times. The Weatherman might want to take note of this, as I believe e gets points out of it.

When the Yeti goes to a random square, the square it left refreezes (the removal of the "Freezing" attribute from all squares already happened, so this actually does freeze something); there's no record of the Yeti's location anywhere, so I assume it's off the grid somewhere.

When all Gremlins Hide, it triggers the AAAHHH! Gremlin's Primal Scream. Regardless of the outcome, Rocky immediately becomes Active, because the rule says e does; but if Robin isn't made Active by the scream, no method is provided for activating em in the future. E's gone for good.

The new Instarules are created; they appear on random squares, methinks.

****Nasty Part!****
All Grid squares become of Substance Fire. As per 21.A.3.1, "If the Location of a Recycling Center has the substance Fire, it is destroyed." Thus, every Grid square containing a Service mall is obliterated. I'm not sure what effect this has on the game, but I really don't think it's a good one.
****end Nasty Part!****

So, that's the chaos we've been thrown into.

I'll see you at Burning Man.

--
Wonko