Orc In A Spacesuit on 18 Mar 2003 18:31:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Moves simplified; more?

I'm still revising on the new way the movement system will work. I've simplified it a lot; I've taken out whole sections, equations, and tables, really cutting stuff down. I was setting it up so that we could have much more 'realistic' movement, with each object moving so far each nweek, with rules for things like moving on land and airspeeders in the same nweek, passing objects between carriers like the Pony Express, etc. Anyway, it's a lot simpler now; I just got two questions:

Do we want to:
A: Allow a person (or speeder or whatever) to be able to use their full movement allowance at once, essentially letting people zip around instantaneously?
or
B: Limit everything to 1 square per nday, giving other players and objects a chance to react? If we did this, we'd need people to announce moves ahead of time if they were not going to be able to email each nday.

I'm thinking that A, the way we currently do things, will be simpler and fairer for those who don't avidly watch the grid. However, maybe B is something that we could get used to; the game is about change.

I expect A will be the favored choice, but figured I'd ask. Partially because I already have it written out, partially because I really don't know if you all would be interested in a more evenly-paced game.

I'll leave the subject on this note: Some of you may recall that it used to be that you could only move 1 square per nweek, with none of this running or airspeeding business.

My other question is regarding Curt and Rod; nobody actually answered last time I asked. Currently, players and only players may use their space-warping properties; the prop would make it so that what they do is a more general thing, with more object, like gremlins and such, able to go through. But should I put a limit on it? Should Aispeeders be to big to fit through the window? Should armies take extra time to climb one-by-one? Or is the window big enough for unhindered movement for all?

--
Orc In A Spacesuit