Baron von Skippy on 19 Mar 2003 03:07:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Moves simplified; more?

Do we want to:
A: Allow a person (or speeder or whatever) to be able to use their full movement allowance at once, essentially letting people zip around instantaneously?
or
B: Limit everything to 1 square per nday, giving other players and objects a chance to react? If we did this, we'd need people to announce moves ahead of time if they were not going to be able to email each nday.
<snip>
I'll leave the subject on this note: Some of you may recall that it used to be that you could only move 1 square per nweek, with none of this running or airspeeding business.

-I vote for A, on the grounds that it's just easier. And I might note that we /used/ to have a 1 space per nweek limit, but a round of Football spanning an entire nyear was not attractive, and things just sort of went from there. Faster is better.-

My other question is regarding Curt and Rod; nobody actually answered last time I asked. Currently, players and only players may use their space-warping properties; the prop would make it so that what they do is a more general thing, with more object, like gremlins and such, able to go through. But should I put a limit on it? Should Aispeeders be to big to fit through the window? Should armies take extra time to climb one-by-one? Or is the window big enough for unhindered movement for all?
-Unhindered for all. Getting the window is hard enough; we don't need Armies getting all jumbled because they're half on one side and half on another. However, there could be something like it takes one or two ndays to get through the window (think the Ways from the WoT series, but less evil), and if you send one end to Limbo, the window collapses, trapping the person in the middle in Limbo, or something like that.-

--
Orc In A Spacesuit

[[BvS]]