bd on 4 Mar 2003 21:40:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: nomvivor votes

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 03:14 pm, Adam Hill wrote:
> --- "The Voice" <nomicvoice0@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I am publicly stating right now that I don't approve of Anything McGee's
> >proposal to make all votes public.
>
> Okeydoke.  Even if the proposal does pass, though, you'll still have the
> option to Preemptively Vote privately.
>
> Perhaps we could discuss a compromise of some sort.  Any ideas, presumably
> aside from scrapping the idea entirely?

*ahem*
   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in RFC 2119.

Allow three types: Votes, where they MAY be sent privately or publicly, Open
Votes aka Public Votes, where they MUST be sent publicly, and Closed Votes
aka Private Votes, where they MUST be send privately. Ok?

> >[[If for no other reason, this makes our variant a bit more like the real
> >Survivor, of which I am an ardent fan.  (Direct all hate mail, well, don't
> >send hate mail.)  Anyway, this allows for secret alliances and such, which
> > I think would be rather cool.]]
>
> Alliances are fine with me -- perhaps new Societies could be formed for
> precisely that purpose.  I do think it's reasonable to know who's part of a
> particular alliance.

Nah, societies are \textit{so} pass\'e nowadays. All the real fun is in
backstabbing everyone else as soon as they become a burden to you ;)

--
bd
Q:	What do you say to a New Yorker with a job?