Baron von Skippy on 23 Jan 2003 21:03:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Armies

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
B. Army Types
There is an Army Type for each Race that a player may be. The Army Types, their base attributes, who they hate, and if they can be bought are as follows:

Type   Price     Power   Toughness   Speed   Hates Can be bought?
Human  250 BNS   50      150         3       None      Yes
Dwarf  300 BNS   60      200         2       Ogre      Yes
Elf    400 BNS   65      150         4       Orc      No
Faerie 200 BNS   25      75          7       None      Yes
Alien  325 BNS   60      175         4       None      No
Ogre   600 BNS   100     300         2       Dwarf      Yes
Orc    400 BNS   70      125         3       Elf      Yes
Insect 150 BNS   75      50          5       None      No
Blob   300 BNS   40      200         1       None      No
Droid  100 BNS   40      80          3       None      No

Might I suggest that the Power, Toughness, and Speed, rather than being hardcodes, be based on those defaults in the Races rule? *shrug* And who says orcs and elves have to be mortal enemies here? Since most people are going nuts over LotR right now, that's gonna pit me against a lot of people...
-Ah, but the Races rule is based on each player being ONE of that race. Consider what makes up an Ogre army. Probably not too many Ogres. On the other hand, you would need thousands of faeries to do anything. So the differences are reduced somewhat. Also, no one said you could only buy Orcs. Feel free to stock up on your own Elves, just keep them away from the Orcs or they'll start fighting.-

On a funner note, perhaps there should be special classes of races, like Black Ops Elves and such. Bah, I'm putting the cart before the horse.
-Well, you're on a track parallel to mine, anyway. Wonko and I were thinking about armies of types other than the races, like a Borg army, for example, that would regenerate after battles and develop resistances to other armies, so your Black Ops elves would fit with that. Maybe there could be very special places to get such armies - you can't just buy them, first you have to actually go to them, you know. As you said, though, that's a discussion for later.-

--
Orc

[[BvS]]