Glotmorf on 3 Dec 2002 04:27:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Proposal

On 12/2/02 at 12:51 PM Adam Hill wrote:

>I propose:
>
>{{
>__Repeal Slowly and See__
>
>This is an a la carte proposal.
>
>1. Repeal Rule 1247 [[__Automation__]].  [[To me, it reads like a
>   student asking for extra homework.]]
>
>2. Repeal Rule 1229 [[__The Overlord__]].
>
>3. Repeal Rule 1147 [[__The Sith Gremlin__]], Rule 1146 [[__The Jedi
>   Gremlin__]], Rule 1140 [[__What ever__]], Rule 1084
>   [[__NomiCrack__]] and Rule 1082 [[__T-shirts__]].  [[Why?]]
>
>5. Repeal Rule 1070 [[__Nomvivor__]].  [[We haven't done this since I
>   joined.]]
>
>6. Repeal Rule 946 [[__B Nomic Stock Exchange__]].  [[It has been
>   deactivated at least since I joined.]]
>
>7. Repeal Rule 901 [[__The IOB__]].  [[Nah.  It's like the Electoral
>   College, only more forthright.]]
>
>8. Repeal Rule 851 [[__Flipping the Circuit Breaker__]].
>}}

Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the rule set...:)

Rule 1247: It just got implemented, it doesn't seem to cause immediate harm, and I can think of one or two uses for it, so perhaps we can give it an nweek or two before yanking it...?

Rule 1229: Okay, more potential for harm, but also potentially useful, in the case of small fixes that don't necessarily demand a proposal, and/or might cause a state of emergency if not fixed quickly.  Take, for example, Wonko's legacy stocks...

The rules mentioned in item #3: Why?  Because a majority of players voted them in.  I recall voting against a good chunk of them myself, but that didn't stop them from being implemented.  And somehow I suspect they wouldn't go away this time either.

(Forgot item #4, did you?)

Rule 1070: Well, yes, we've sort of done Nomvivor...the number of people on the island decreases nweekly, so if no one votes someone off the island it's like a slow, negative lottery: first pick all the tickets that didn't win.  Someone's gonna get a payoff, and might be disappointed if the payoff was cancelled first.

Rule 946: Well, you didn't join that long ago, but perhaps someone should look it over and redo it before it's blown away.

Rule 901: Abstain.

Rule 851: There was a reason for that rule, which came before your time: essentially there emerged the possibility of an infinite number of wins being generated by a loophole, or, if not infinite, at least an absurdly large quantity.  The purpose of r851 is to prevent scams from shutting down the game by stopping wins after the first one; if the win was from a scam, players would have a chance to eliminate the scam before it generated another win.  If the win wasn't from a scam, the odds are repealing No Win For You would get a unanimous vote.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower