Orc In A Spacesuit on 26 Oct 2002 03:08:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Fixing my proposals, part 2

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Okay... so no one called another player for Player Gremlin making. So I'm > gonna randomize it. Everyone on the list is assigned to another person on
> the list. If you don't like something, tell me, I'll change it. If you
> don't care... well, I don't much care who I do, so I'll understand that,
> too. Anyway, here we go...

I still don't understand this prop. In english, please?

--
bd
BOFH Excuse #50:

Change in Earth's rotational speed

-What don't you understand, first off? Your input may help the game not break... I don't think there are any holes in this proposal, but people are awfully good at finding those things. To answer your question: Everyone who's been a player for more than 5 nweeks has a Player Gremlin. Someone else defines it. Details are sketchy past that point. Let's see, example... okay, if I were to define The The Voice Gremlin (dammit, why'd he have to leave... I really liked that name!), I'd have it be something like you can pay it to change the Weather in stange and mysterious ways. Maybe an uin Gremlin could Deactive a random (or specific) rule. Things like that. The 5-nweek space is so that the rest of us can get an idea as to what the person is like before a Gremlin is created. Anything else you don't get?-

Ah - so that's what you meant by 'defined'. The prop doesn't define 'define'. You need to specify exactly what you mean, and you need to put some limitations or checks on it. Maybe put all definitions for an nweek on a prop. And don't forget to deal with the immunity idol (which I actually think should stay -- I can't believe someone as versed in the rules as Wonko would miss that).