Orc In A Spacesuit on 13 Oct 2002 06:39:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 24 BALLOT

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Proposal 1063/0: The Fish is Dead, Long Smell the Fish (Glotmorf)

The tower serves no purpose now; while it admittedly looks neat on Orc's graphic, I'm not convinced that's a sufficient reason to keep it.

My intended vote: yes.

I see no point in getting rid of it. I generally vote no for things I don't find useful.

>Proposal 1067/0: Let Me Make One Thing Perfectly Clear... (Glotmorf)

This cleans up a good chunk of the "players may vote", "there exists an item known as <item>", etc. arguments being bandied about right now. It means the rules work together and collectively, rather than in direct opposition to each other.

My intended vote: yes.

Just a commentary: This prop is actually one of least clear I've seen. Way to ambiguous. But hey, why not?

>Proposal 1072/1: Crime Doesn't Pay (Wonko)

This creates a situation that Wonko claims exists now, but doesn't actually: squares in space. R301 defines surface squares as being the topmost squares in grid locations without modification. If these six cells exist, they'll be the new surface squares, which theoretically create 19 tunnelable squares underneath them. One could therefore get out of jail by having the underlying squares tunneled. (Is this a bug or a feature?)

I'd say a feature. Although I believe that both tunneling and digging should not be easy; you should actually have to get some grid object (the bulldozer or whatever) to where you want the tunneling/digging to take place. And it shouldn't be instantaneous.

>Proposal 1080/0: Wind (Again) (The Voice)

I personally wouldn't mind seeing thrown things get plastered against the boundaries as a result of a sudden gale, but the reason I'm asking this be shelved is that it doesn't allow for Airborne things (r301.b.4) or airspeeders.

My intended vote: shelve.

The way I see it, The Voice has got a good thing going. Shelve if you wish, I'm voting yes.

- duties are assigned to the Curator at one point and to "Minister in charge of managing Portraits (Admin's choice)" at another; this can stand to be solidified

Well, it is pretty clear. I made specifications, so that Dave can decide what e wants.

- the beginning statement creates an altering-the-past ambiguity; if Mr. A doesn't like it, he can always veto it

It's not a veto.  I just makes it instantly ineffective from that point on.

- it might be good to allow players to have two portraits rather than one, so that one can have a real-life picture and a character picture, or different representations in different circumstances, etc.

Oh, I plan to fix that soon. And while on the subject, I am now accepting portrait submissions, whether or not this is in the rules. I may as well get started.

- "The Curator and the Administrator may decide between themselves who is responsible for what duties": this is either a do-nothing, or a conflict with r625, depending on your point of view; the minister is responsible for eir duties unless Mr. A decides to shoulder them, which is either the same as this line or is an override of it

Well, in either case, it's true.  Who cares, it works.

- C.3.1: the curator gets paid if all eir duties are completed, even if Mr. A is the one who winds up doing them; I have a problem with that

ONE GOSH-DARN POINT! And considering everything I've done, do you guys think I would leave this all up to Dave? And that can be fixed if that's a major sticking point.

>Proposal 1092/0: A New Wing for The Gallery (Orc In a Spacesuit)

I'll be generous and shelve this one too, since it's a point freebie if it passes and p1091 gets shelved. Besides, I'd like to see a slightly more specific definition of "public representations of the game state", and I think the bit about it not being part of the 20 point/nweek limit is in conflict with r625.a.4.

It's whatever we say is a representation. Look it up in a dictionary (I'm not being harsh, though it might look that way). And there's control, as Dave decides how many points are awarded, if any. And it says MAY, so it's not a duty, and so isn't in conflict.

>Proposal 1093/0: Guys aren't eirs! (Orc In a Spacesuit)

The current r7 doesn't mandate the use of Spivak pronouns; this does.

Well, the way it works now, everything is 100% Spivak. This makes it Spivak only if the gender is indeterminent.

Orc In A Spacesuit
burps