Glotmorf on 2 Oct 2002 02:08:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] About the grid reborn

On 10/1/02 at 6:54 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>I'm glad you like it.  Here's the answers to some questions, and a bit
>more:
>
>Yes, I did _mostly_ use preconstructed models, a bit of my own, and
>assembled them in a program - not really a raytracer.
>
>What program did I primarily use?
>
>The Warcraft III World Editor
>
>That's right - this is a Warcraft III map that you see.  Not an ordinary
>one, of course; I have a lot of modding experience, and had to do some
>crazy
>stuff to get this right.  (Modding is modifying a game to turn it into
>something else.)  My only regret is that you cannot see it in motion; my
>custom stuff doesn't move, at least right now, but lots of stuff is
>animated.  Warcraft III doesn't have support for making movies; otherwise,
>I'd make for each nweek, showing what everyone did.  (Orc eats a sheep
>gnome
>;P).  I'll try to figure out something for the future.
>
>As for why some of the models don't quite match:  pretty much I thought
>that
>I would try what would look cooler; Even though a simple speech bubble
>would
>be easy to make, the 'Ethereal Ghost Thing' (TM) seemed to me to be
>appropriate to The Voice, even though it's nothing like what she
>described.
>And for bd's avatar, you are the black gaseous thingie right next to me on
>your airspeeder.  You said:  "I'm the guy your eyes just won't focus on...
>Nobody ever remembers how I look...", and I already had that model in mind
>when you said you were an @.
>
>In any case, everyone feel free to make suggestions about how you would
>like
>to be represented.  Be sure to keep you declared gender in mind! Athena, I
>and idea for you, a priestess-looking wooman, and I have an alternate
>Wonko
>for when (not if) he manages to go from rags to riches again.  Oh, and
>BvS,
>I have 1 for you too, your evilness.
>
>When I finally got done setting everything up and looking at, I was kinda
>hurried with the pictures, as it's not an easy process to get them out.
>I'll try to get a better view of everyone, maybe lined up in roll call
>fashion, and maybe even put them on the roster page?
>

>Orc In A Spacesuit
>is contemplating the future.

Did you deliberately make Wonko's pile of 40 airspeeders look like bones and a dessicated corpse? :)

Oh, and the classic Elbonian Airways from Dilbert is a giant slingshot.  Not *quite* the same thing as a catapault, especially if the big rubber band breaks.

Other than that...admittedly impressive.  And a relief...I had no idea why you wanted to know what I looked like.

The original Glotmorf, conceived in 1977, was an amorphous blob that could change shape as needed. (Came from a planet that used pneumatic tubes for public transportation.  Long story.) I suppose that might work here.  Got a blob in your image bank?

						Glotmorf